[htdig] Can't get my search to update correctly..

Subject: [htdig] Can't get my search to update correctly..
From: Rivera, Tony (RiveraL@umsystem.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 09:28:24 PDT

Hello Everyone,

I have a what should be a *simple* question. I am having a hard time
getting htdig to update it's searching. I have my crontab setup to run
htdig everynight so it will catch changes made to the web server throughout
the day. However, that's not working...about 5 days ago I added a new
directory /www/itss and have made numerous links to it from my index page
and various other pages on the server and it is still not getting picked up
when I do a search for it.

I am not quite sure what I am missing here...I have read through all the
archives on the site, ran /opt/www/htdig/bin/htdig -v -a -s and
/opt/www/htdig/bin/htmerge -v -a -s but is still doesn't update.

Basically all I want is for htdig to go out and update every night so that
it will recognize any changes made to the web server earlier in the day.

Thanks in advance from a newbie!

Cheers,
Tony