Re: [htdig] Question about url_part_aliases

Subject: Re: [htdig] Question about url_part_aliases
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 05:33:03 PDT

At 1:03 AM -0400 10/5/00, Ramon Gonzalez wrote:
>bypass the web server. When the user does a search, I need to return all
>URL's with https:// but this is not happening at all. And yes, I'm running
>htdig (with the -i option) and htmerge. Any help is appreciated!
>Below are my config entries for my test web server:
>local_urls_only: true
>url_part_aliases: http:// *site
>url_part_aliases: https:// *site

You misunderstood the documentation. You put one url_part_aliases
attribute in the config file you use when indexing. Then you make
another config file (which could just include the other one) and then
put the *other* url_part_aliases attribute in that one. When you
search, you specify the second one.

url_part_aliases: http:// *site

include: htdig.conf
url_part_aliases: https:// *site

This serves to keep the HTTP URLs when indexing (since the indexer
cannot index HTTPS) and serve up HTTPS when searching.