Re: [htdig] header.html

Subject: Re: [htdig] header.html
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 19:23:45 PDT

At 2:15 PM -0700 10/4/00, Steve Murray wrote:
>I looked at my rundig file, it was different than Chris', but it had
>a lot of lines starting usr/local.
>-So, in htdog.conf I tried
>search_results_header: /usr/local/htdig/common/header.html

OK, so this is telling me that when it was compiled, the directories
were set in /usr/local/htdig. So ${common_dir} is going to point to
that, most likely.

>I got search results with a header - unfortunately it was the
>default header and not my custom /htdig/common/header.html! I assume
>the above path leads to
>Tried about every other path I could think of too.

The path need not be relative. I'm not quite sure I understand the
path above (do you really have a /htdig directory?), but you could do:

search_results_header: /htdig/common/header.html

Or, if you like, you can put the header.html file in /usr/local/common...

Does this make sense?