Re: [htdig] header.html

Subject: Re: [htdig] header.html
From: christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 12:04:33 PDT

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Steve Murray wrote:
>I added the line
>search_results_header: ${common_dir}/header.html
>to htdig.conf (with and without the quotes - still no change, the results com up without a header.

 Ok, what is probably happening is that your ${common_dir} is not where
you think it is.

 Have a look at the rundig script that you ran to index the pages. The
common dir variable can be set there. Here is what the begining of mine
looks like for my default .conf file:

CONFFILE=/etc/htdig/search.conf
DBDIR=/blues/www/htdig_db/search_db/
COMMONDIR=/var/lib/htdig/common/
BINDIR=/usr/sbin/

 My /etc/htdig/ dir is a symbolic link to -> /var/lib/htdig/common/conf/
so that I can put everything in the same place.

 If this COMMONDIR isn't the same as where you are putting your
header.html file, htdig won't find it. Instead you'll have to put the fill
path in the .conf file.

 Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada