Re: [htdig] Last modified date revisited - Apache

Subject: Re: [htdig] Last modified date revisited - Apache
From: J. op den Brouw (MSQL_User@st.hhs.nl)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 03:42:37 PDT

Maybe I'm on the wrong thread, but I had some problems with
a netscape browser and an Apache server when the date/time on
these to machines were more than 2 days apart......
Setting them both to the correct (same) date/time solved my
problem....

Well, htdig is a sort of browser, so...

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Roger Weiss wrote:
>
> > Neither approach is good for us. We have many static html pages, and many
> > more being created every day.
> > It's not feasible for us to put the extra code into each html file, or to
> > change the x bit on each file as well.
> >

> I'm going to be completely honest. I've *never* had this problem on an
> Apache installation. Out of the box, Apache serves up Last-Modified
> headers for all static HTML pages for any version of Apache I've used.
> (Please note, I compile my own Apache and don't include things like
> mod_usertrack.)
>
> > It seems like a pretty simple request, and yet we can't find any answer in
> > the apache docs or htdig.
>
> Since people seem to have this problem with increasing frequency, why
> don't you post some information about your Apache configuration? Include
> as much as you can.

--jesse
Haagse Hogeschool 2521 EN DEN HAAG
Faculty of Engeneering Netherlands
Electrical Engeneering +31 70 4458936

Linux - because reboots are for hardware changes