Re: [htdig] problems with build_select_lists

Subject: Re: [htdig] problems with build_select_lists
From: Daniel Lang (dl@leo.org)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 03:12:09 PDT

Hi Gilles,

Gilles Detillieux wrote on Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 06:27:37PM +0000:
[..]
> Here's the problem. You can't arbitrarily define or redefine which config
> attribute is associated with which input parameter. The exclude_pattern
> attribute is one you made up, while the exclude input parameter ends up
> being stored in the "exclude" config attribute.
>
> Granted, the documentation is pretty weak in this area, so you almost need
> to look at the code to be sure of all parameter to attribute associations
> of this sort. Anyway, your exclude input parameter will not have any
Well, this is indeed tricky, since I had a look at the list of
all configuration attributes and 'exclude' and 'restrict' did not
show up, so I thought, I just make one up by myself, and let
htsearch figure it out through the build_select_list attribute
(since that creates a connection)...
So it would be a good idea, just to include these config attributes
into the documentation...

> effect on your statically defined exclude_pattern, so the value of the
> former will never be seen by the build_select_lists code.
>
> This is not to say that you can't make up your own attribute names. You
> can, and the exclude_pattern_list is an example of such. The key is to
> realise that any attribute names you make up must also be referenced in
> your config file, either through a ${attribute_name} construct, or as the
> third item in the build_select_lists octuple. The seventh item must be
> the name of an attribute that the program uses internally as well, or it
> will have no effect.
I see.

> nothing there matches the static value of exclude_pattern. The former
> is parsed as a quoted string list, while the latter is not. So, your
Ok.

I made the appropriate changes, and now everything works well. :)

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
 Daniel

--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock     - Der Schatten von Hasenfuss ist ziemlich dunkel -
*Daniel Lang * dl@leo.org * +49 89 289 25735 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/*