Re: [htdig] Last modified date revisited - Apache

Subject: Re: [htdig] Last modified date revisited - Apache
From: Peaveway@aol.com
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 14:07:27 PDT

It looks like a neverending story for you.......

In einer eMail vom 03.10.00 20:18:27 (MEZ) - Mitteleurop. Sommerzeit schreibt
RogerW@trellix.com:

> From what I can glean, there are 2 ways to get this.
>
> Either by putting an echo command into the html files (SSI),

Wich echo command? The ssi code that i send to you? Thats was always a test
if the internal ssi handler activatd for *.html or not.

  or by setting xbithack=full and setting the executable bits on for group and
> user.
>
> Neither approach is good for us. We have many static html pages, and many
> more being created every day.
> It's not feasible for us to put the extra code into each html file, or to
> change the x bit on each file as well.

The xbithack can you set in your httpd.conf and a little shell script startet
via cron can made the changes before htdig starts digging. Another way is to
change the umask vor people you can publish html documents.....

> IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY.??
> It seems like a pretty simple request, and yet we can't find any answer in
> the apache docs or htdig.
> It seems to be more of an apache issue, but its my HTdig that needs the
> info!

I think the hole world is now interessting to see your httpd.conf :)

The ssi handler is configurated via the AddHandler/Addtype directive wich is
setting in your mainserver configfile, virtual host, .htaccess!
It is possible thats all your static parsed thru an external parser like the
cgi php ?
Is htdig runing at the same machine as the webserver you would like to
indexing? When not is there a proxyserver between htdig and the webserver?

Questions over questions...

Joerg Behrens