[htdig] from IIS searching to HtDig

Subject: [htdig] from IIS searching to HtDig
From: Frances Santiago (santiago@iii.com)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 11:59:32 PDT

I am switching a site running on MS IIS to Unix Apache. In order to make
the transition as seamless as possible I will need htdig to mirror the way
the IIS search engine works. In the .idq file the following is listed:

# CiScope is the directory (virtual or real) under which results are
# returned. If a file matches the query but is not in a directory beneath
# CiScope, it is not returned in the result set.
# A scope of / means all hits matching the query are returned.

How I understand it is that if I have a search page under http://foo.com/x
the search will return hits in the files recursively from x - not the files
from http://foo.com. Can htdig do this without using a different config
file and db for each?

I have never taken the time to learn IIS - so I could be misunderstanding
how this works. If anyone has experience transferring from IIS to
Apache/HtDig I would be very interested in hearing from you.

Thanks,
Frances Santiago