Re: [htdig] Last modified date revisited - Apache

Subject: Re: [htdig] Last modified date revisited - Apache
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 11:51:07 PDT

On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Roger Weiss wrote:

> Neither approach is good for us. We have many static html pages, and many
> more being created every day.
> It's not feasible for us to put the extra code into each html file, or to
> change the x bit on each file as well.

I'm going to be completely honest. I've *never* had this problem on an
Apache installation. Out of the box, Apache serves up Last-Modified
headers for all static HTML pages for any version of Apache I've used.
(Please note, I compile my own Apache and don't include things like
mod_usertrack.)

> It seems like a pretty simple request, and yet we can't find any answer in
> the apache docs or htdig.

Since people seem to have this problem with increasing frequency, why
don't you post some information about your Apache configuration? Include
as much as you can.