Re: [htdig] Re: htdig things

Subject: Re: [htdig] Re: htdig things
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Fri Sep 29 2000 - 07:46:17 PDT

According to Geoff Hutchison:
> At 1:23 PM +0200 9/28/00, Francesc Cosp wrote:
> >I am using htdig, i think is a powerful tool.
> >
> >But i have one question:
> >it's working fine the synonyms db?
> >
> >I created with htfuzzy a database of synonyms, but when i use it with
> >the htsearch, the synonynyms never are found, i don't know what exactly
> >is hapenning with that, can you help me?
>
> Thanks for your complement. There are a number of reasons that
> htsearch wouldn't be using the synonym database. My first question is
> what you have as the setting for the search_algorithm attribute in
> your configuration file. If it doesn't list "synonyms" then htsearch
> won't use the database you created.
>
> Beyond that first step, it would be helpful to know what version of
> ht://Dig you're using, how it was installed (binary or did you
> compile it yourself), your OS, etc.

Another question is how did you create the database of synonyms? Did you
use the synonyms file distributed with ht://Dig, or did you use some other
file? Did you set your config attributes to refer properly to this file
if you didn't stick with the standard name and location for it? Did you
run "htfuzzy synonyms" to build the database from the text file? When you
say the synonyms are never found, could you be more specific about what
synonyms you're expecting it to find, and whether you know for a fact that
they are defined in your synonyms file and database?