[htdig] Re: htdig things

Subject: [htdig] Re: htdig things
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 20:14:06 PDT

At 1:23 PM +0200 9/28/00, Francesc Cosp wrote:
>I am using htdig, i think is a powerful tool.
>
>But i have one question:
>it's working fine the synonyms db?
>
>I created with htfuzzy a database of synonyms, but when i use it with
>the htsearch, the synonynyms never are found, i don't know what exactly
>is hapenning with that, can you help me?

Thanks for your complement. There are a number of reasons that
htsearch wouldn't be using the synonym database. My first question is
what you have as the setting for the search_algorithm attribute in
your configuration file. If it doesn't list "synonyms" then htsearch
won't use the database you created.

Beyond that first step, it would be helpful to know what version of
ht://Dig you're using, how it was installed (binary or did you
compile it yourself), your OS, etc.

Cheers,