Re: [htdig] 3.2.0b2 and zlib

Subject: Re: [htdig] 3.2.0b2 and zlib
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 12:36:07 PDT

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Erik Lyons wrote:

> Install complete on Solaris 2.6 using --without-zlib and
> --disable-shared.
> Now, htsearch is unable to read db.words.db, and running htmerge returns
> this:
> WordDB: not compiled with libz, compression not available

I'm sure you didn't want to hear "just one more thing..." ;-)

I'd qualify it as a genuine bug since the htword code should be smart
enough to handle this case. But as a workaround, set:
wordlist_compress: false

It's on by default, but IMHO, the htword code should Do The Right Thing
and ignore the attribute if libz isn't available.