Re: [htdig] Indexing a site with multiple usernames and passwords

Subject: Re: [htdig] Indexing a site with multiple usernames and passwords
From: Frank Altpeter (fa@ision.net)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 08:41:58 PDT

Hello !

Brad Nicholson wrote on 28.09.2000 09:24:53 -0600:
> Hi,
>
> I have a web site I want to index, and there are several different areas
> protected by .htaccess files. The problem is that there is not a consitant
> username and password accross them all. Is there a way to supply multiple
> usernames and passwords to htdig, or do I need to set up a general admin
> user that grants access to all areas (I don't really want to do this).
>
> thanks,
>
> Brad.

> end of quoted text from Brad Nicholson

I assume, that all users defined by the htaccess files are together in
some groups file, and you define for example "require group alpha" or so
for a certain area.
If so, just add a htdig user to your passwd file and add that user to
all existing groups.
In apache for example:
/www/bin/dbmmanage passwd.conf adduser htdig some_password
/www/bin/dbmmanage group.conf add htdig alpha,bravo,charlie,...

If you require 'valid-user' and you don't work with a group file, you
just need to add a htdig user and let htdig run with that...

With kind regards,

                Frank Altpeter - Laird Of Glencairn

--
(http://www.altpeter.de/)
this .sigfile was rescued by the .sigfile liberation front