Re: [htdig] Indexing a site with multiple usernames and passwords

Subject: Re: [htdig] Indexing a site with multiple usernames and passwords
From: Torsten Neuer (tneuer@inwise.de)
Date: Thu Sep 28 2000 - 08:36:36 PDT

Brad Nicholson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a web site I want to index, and there are several different areas
> protected by .htaccess files. The problem is that there is not a consitant
> username and password accross them all. Is there a way to supply multiple
> usernames and passwords to htdig, or do I need to set up a general admin
> user that grants access to all areas (I don't really want to do this).

Either do what you don't like or "simply" have multiple configurations,
one for each protected area which may later be merged.

I'd rather hate to have to keep track dozens of .htaccess passwords with
Ht://Dig configuration (let alone they need to be written down in the
configuration files in an unencrypted manner which I'd regard as far
more
serious than having one virtual user with access permissions to all
hidden
areas).

cheers,

  Torsten

Waldhofstra▀e 14                            Tel: +49-4101-403605