Re: [htdig] 3.2.0b2 and zlib

Subject: Re: [htdig] 3.2.0b2 and zlib
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 14:38:03 PDT

I think you still need to configure with --disable-shared for just about
any non-Linux system. There's a problem with initialization of objects
in classes defined in shared libraries that seems to be causing problems
like you describe on systems like Solaris and others. Loic was going to
look into this at some point, but it seems he vanished.

According to Erik Lyons: