[htdig] Re: Multiple indexes one site

Subject: [htdig] Re: Multiple indexes one site
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 19:04:42 PDT

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Mark Wendlandt wrote:

> I have htdig running on my site and it is configured to exclude a specific
> directory when indexing. This directory is protected with .htpasswd.
>
> I want to add another search engine to this directory that will only
> index this directory and its sub-directories.
>
> How would I configure this. It doesn't seem that you can easily create
> two seperate databases...two seperate .conf files.

No, in fact it's quite easy to have multiple databases (and conf files).
You use hte -c flags for the command-line utilities to use different
config files and the "config" field in the search form.

To set a particular database name, you can set things like database_dir
and datbase_base, etc.:
<http://www.htdig.org/htdig.html>
<http://www.htdig.org/htmerge.html>
<http://www.htdig.org/hts_form.html>