Re: [htdig] MODIFIED

Subject: Re: [htdig] MODIFIED
From: Torsten Neuer (
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 09:45:02 PDT

Roger Weiss wrote:
> Hi,
> In my search results page, the last modified date is not being displayed.
> We're running on Sun Solaris v2.6 machines.
> The funny thing is that on my test system, the date DOES show up, but the
> same html on my production system does not yield the modifed date.
> The test server is running Java web server, while in prod, we have apache.
> I'm thinking its something environmental, but can't figure out what.
> Any ideas of what we're missing?

Perhaps you're using XSSI, JSP or similar?

If you're serving dynamic content, Apache will not provide you with the
Last_Modified date (which is correct behaviour, btw).

Dynamic pages need to specify their last modification date by themselves
(or leave it blank if truely dynamic).

E-Mail:            Internet: