Re: [htdig] Searching in Subdirectories

Subject: Re: [htdig] Searching in Subdirectories
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 05:37:39 PDT

At 1:56 PM +0200 9/26/00, J¸rgen H”mmerling wrote:
>I run Htdig 3.1.5 under Solaris. I have a problem with searching in
>Htdig searches the subdirectories only, when I add a link to the

Right. If you don't have a link from your start_url to particular
files, then htdig will never find them. All it does is follow links
(like any good web spider) from one page to the next, so if there
aren't links, there won't be indexing. Granted, you can add as many
URLs to the start_url as you want.