Re: [htdig] 1 htdig query, 1 htsearch query

Subject: Re: [htdig] 1 htdig query, 1 htsearch query
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 05:36:54 PDT

At 10:41 PM -0500 9/24/00, Ted Stresen-Reuter wrote:
>I am using ssi calls for generating links to different parts of my site (the

Are you trying to index files through the local_urls? If so, remember
that the server won't be running the SSI for you.

>there anyway to tell htdig to dig a given directory with having to provide a
>file that links to all the files contained in the directory?

No, not really. But if you're truly indexing through HTTP, there
shouldn't be a problem with things like SSI or CGIs.

>Can I post to htsearch from a Perl script? If so, how difficult is it? The
>goal is to parse URLs that would ordinarily return 404 errors and send the
>parts to htsearch and provide a custom 404 results page that includes the
>results of the search. Any help?

There are any number of Perl wrappers for htsearch. See the contrib/
directory in your distribution, or
<http://www.htdig.org/files/contrib/wrappers/>