[htdig] 1 htdig query, 1 htsearch query

Subject: [htdig] 1 htdig query, 1 htsearch query
From: Ted Stresen-Reuter (bowlofcereal@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 24 2000 - 20:41:50 PDT

Htdig question:

I am using ssi calls for generating links to different parts of my site (the
ssi calls a perl script that generates the link). What I've noticed is that
htdig doesn't appear to be indexing the files the ssi calls link to. Is
there anyway to tell htdig to dig a given directory with having to provide a
file that links to all the files contained in the directory?

htsearch question:

Can I post to htsearch from a Perl script? If so, how difficult is it? The
goal is to parse URLs that would ordinarily return 404 errors and send the
parts to htsearch and provide a custom 404 results page that includes the
results of the search. Any help?

Ted Stresen-Reuter
Webmaster
chicagophilanthropy.com (going live 10/1!!!)