Re: [htdig] virtual hosts and url_part_aliases

Subject: Re: [htdig] virtual hosts and url_part_aliases
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Sat Sep 23 2000 - 14:55:51 PDT

Hi - I just finished dealing with a similar problem. It turned out that
url_part_aliases was not sufficient to handle the situation I was trying
to address. I strongly suspect that the same will be true for what you
describe. In addition to the patch suggested below, the use of Apache's
mod_rewrite was also suggested as a solution. I took this latter route
and it has worked out very well. Of course this approach requires that
you use Apache, either have mod_rewrite enabled or have the ability to
enable it, and are willing to deal with figuring out how to use it ;)

Jim

Gilles Detillieux's bits of Wed, 20 Sep 2000 translated to: