Re: [htdig] configuration question

Subject: Re: [htdig] configuration question
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 20:45:07 PDT

At 1:49 PM -0400 9/20/00, gcapp wrote:
>In the folder bin: rundig
>In the folder common: nothing
>In the folder conf: htdig.conf
>In the folder db: db.docdb; db.docs.index; db.wordlist; db.words.gdbm

[snip]
>Now, like I said, all I did was hit the install button under Mindsprings
>Control Panel and that is what appeared in all files for htdig.

<sigh>

Ah yes. If you want the files that normally come in the common/
directory, try grabbing the .tar.gz files from
<http://www.htdig.org/where.html> and looking in installdir/

(They'll need some editing which is usually done by the source
installation scripts.)

But the bigger problem is that db.words.gdbm file. That tells me that
you're using a version before 3.1.0b1. There are quite a few bugs
fixed (and features added) between your version and the latest stable
one (3.1.5). The last person who posted to the list from a
MindSpring-hosted site had pretty good luck getting them to upgrade
it. I'd do this ASAP considering there's a few database corruption
problems in pre-3.1.0 days and a security hole in all versions before
3.1.5.

See <http://www.htdig.org/RELEASE.html> to see what's been happening.
(You probably have version 3.0.8b2 or 3.0.8b1.)