Re: [htdig] Re: htdig: Modified Date

Subject: Re: [htdig] Re: htdig: Modified Date
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 10:32:25 PDT

According to Geoff Hutchison:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Erik Lyons wrote:
> > I am using 3.1.5. As I understand it, modification_date_is_now provides
> > the indexing date, which (as others have hinted) is not terribly useful
> > for the end user.
> But isn't this the most appropriate date for truly dynamic content? It
> represents the date/time the document was generated.
> > Just thinking aloud: Can htdig translate META tags into $(MODIFIED)? I
> > can easily "seed" each file with its system date...
> Funny you mention that...
> See <>

I'm only following one half of the conversation (Erik, please see, so it's hard for me to know
if this is on-topic or not, as I don't know what the source of the
dynamic content is. However, with a CGI script you can simply emit a
"Last-Modified: " header right after the Content-Type header, to provide
the date. See for a bit
more information about this.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: