[htdig] Re: htdig: Modified Date

Subject: [htdig] Re: htdig: Modified Date
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 08:31:24 PDT

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Erik Lyons wrote:

> It appears one can get Apache to pass something for $(MODIFIED) using
> the Header directive, but I can't find any examples of what value to use
> for Date to get a dynamic result. Can this be done?

In general your dynamic output is supposed to be giving its own Date:
headers. You can be very difficult and force Apache to send them for SHTML
files, but it's generally not worth it. (I tried it once and it was a pain
to set up. I've since forgotten.)

Try setting modification_date_is_now.
<http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#modification_date_is_now>

This is an option in 3.1.x because it had a variety of bugs associated
with it. In the 3.2 code, it's not an option because it's just "the right
thing to do." (and the bugs should be fixed in 3.1.5 and later)