Re: [htdig] configuration question

Subject: Re: [htdig] configuration question
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 06:10:07 PDT

At 8:56 AM -0400 9/20/00, gcapp wrote:
> We have started to use your htdig search page on our site through
>Mindspring.
> I am having a problem and I hope you can help. Bear in mind
>that I am not versed in cgi-script.
> The problem I am having is that every time I type in a word
>in the search box that is not found on our site, I don't get the "No
>match" page to come up. I get a error box, which states the
>following:
>
>Unable to read configuration file '/usr/local/htdig/conf/htdig.conf'

Does MindSpring have technical support? They may be better versed in
the configuration that they're offering and might be able to explain
this. As it is, I wonder if they're using a wrapper around the actual
htsearch binary.

You mention that this only happens when you should get the "No Match"
page. I assume this means the rest of your modifications took hold?