[htdig] configuration question

Subject: [htdig] configuration question
From: gcapp (gcapp@eznet.net)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 05:56:38 PDT

Dear htdig,
        We have started to use your htdig search page on our site through
Mindspring.
        I am having a problem and I hope you can help. Bear in mind that I am not
versed in cgi-script.
        The problem I am having is that every time I type in a word in the search
box that is not found on our site, I don't get the "No match" page to come
up. I get a error box, which states the following:

Unable to read configuration file '/usr/local/htdig/conf/htdig.conf'

Now in my configuration file, I followed the directions for customizing the
4 default pages.

I have the 4 files under the htdig/common folder.

In the configuration file itself, I changed the default file to our specs.

Can you help me to eliminate the error I mentioned above?? If so, can you
give me simple instructions??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I haven't stated the problem correctly--I apoligize and will answer any
questions you may have.

Gary Cappelletti
Cattaraugus County New York