Re: [htdig] htsearch and virtual webservers

Subject: Re: [htdig] htsearch and virtual webservers
From: Anthony Peacock (a.peacock@chime.ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 06:50:29 PDT

> running htmerge -c {conf-file} didn't solve the problem (is ran from
> rundig)
>
> The search.html for the first test site on this machine is the default
> search.html with one modification:
>
> <form method="post" action="/cgi-bin/htsearch -c
> /export/home/test.website/htdig/conf/htdig.conf">
>
> In the mentioned htdig.conf there's an entry that points to :
>
> database_dir: /export/home/test.website/htdig/db
>
> If I install my database in the default directory, in my case
> /opt/local/htdig/db, than everything works fine. I seem to be unable to
> learn htsearch where to find databases in other locations than the
> default one.

Hi,

I am sure many people will respond to this, but:

Have a look further down the search.html file and you will find the following:

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="config" VALUE="">

Change the value to whatever the name of your configuration file is.

Change the form tag back to JUST calling the htsearch program without any
parameters.

---
Anthony Peacock
"I took an IQ test and the results were negative."
"I used to get high on life but lately I've built up a resistance."
"Some days it is just not worth gnawing through the restraints."