Re: [htdig] htsearch and virtual webservers

Subject: Re: [htdig] htsearch and virtual webservers
From: Anthony Peacock (
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 06:50:29 PDT

> running htmerge -c {conf-file} didn't solve the problem (is ran from
> rundig)
> The search.html for the first test site on this machine is the default
> search.html with one modification:
> <form method="post" action="/cgi-bin/htsearch -c
> /export/home/">
> In the mentioned htdig.conf there's an entry that points to :
> database_dir: /export/home/
> If I install my database in the default directory, in my case
> /opt/local/htdig/db, than everything works fine. I seem to be unable to
> learn htsearch where to find databases in other locations than the
> default one.

I am sure many people will respond to this, but:

Have a look further down the search.html file and you will find the following:

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="config" VALUE="">

Change the value to whatever the name of your configuration file is.

Change the form tag back to JUST calling the htsearch program without any

Anthony Peacock
"I took an IQ test and the results were negative."
"I used to get high on life but lately I've built up a resistance."
"Some days it is just not worth gnawing through the restraints."