Re: [htdig] htsearch and virtual webservers

Subject: Re: [htdig] htsearch and virtual webservers
From: Richard van Drimmelen (richard@sara.nl)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 06:43:18 PDT

running htmerge -c {conf-file} didn't solve the problem (is ran from
rundig)

The search.html for the first test site on this machine is the default
search.html with one modification:

<form method="post" action="/cgi-bin/htsearch -c
/export/home/test.website/htdig/conf/htdig.conf">

In the mentioned htdig.conf there's an entry that points to :

database_dir: /export/home/test.website/htdig/db

If I install my database in the default directory, in my case
/opt/local/htdig/db, than everything works fine. I seem to be unable to
learn htsearch where to find databases in other locations than the
default one.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Peter Peltonen wrote:

> Richard van Drimmelen wrote:
>
> > I'm using an Apache webserver (v 1.3.12) with many virtual webservers.
> > I want to install ht//Dig (v 3.1.5) as the default search engine on
> > these virtual webservers (running on a solaris 7 machine).
>
> There is no problem with this.
>
> > But when I run the same from my webbrowser (yes I have updated my
> > search.html page and included the -c conf file option) this doesn't
> > work. It gives me an error:
>
> Here's what I did to get my search engine working with different
> servers:
>
> 1. created a database directory for every virtual server
> 2. configured a different conf-file for every virtual server, where i
> defined every server's own db-directory
> 3. ran htdig -c conffile for every server
> 4. ran htmerge -c conffile for every server
>
> And then edited my search.html so that it has the different servers as
> options in a drop-down box.
>
> Maybe there's something wrong with your search.html? Could you post it
> here?
>
> Peter

Richard van Drimmelen                       | email: richard@sara.nl
Facility Management SARA                    | phone: +31 20 5928080
Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam | fax:   +31 20 6683167