Re: [htdig] htsearch and virtual webservers

Subject: Re: [htdig] htsearch and virtual webservers
From: Peter Peltonen (peter.peltonen@fivetec.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 04:11:01 PDT

Richard van Drimmelen wrote:

> I'm using an Apache webserver (v 1.3.12) with many virtual webservers.
> I want to install ht//Dig (v 3.1.5) as the default search engine on
> these virtual webservers (running on a solaris 7 machine).

There is no problem with this.

> But when I run the same from my webbrowser (yes I have updated my
> search.html page and included the -c conf file option) this doesn't
> work. It gives me an error:

Here's what I did to get my search engine working with different
servers:

1. created a database directory for every virtual server
2. configured a different conf-file for every virtual server, where i
defined every server's own db-directory
3. ran htdig -c conffile for every server
4. ran htmerge -c conffile for every server

And then edited my search.html so that it has the different servers as
options in a drop-down box.

Maybe there's something wrong with your search.html? Could you post it
here?

Peter