Re: [htdig] Multiple links to single document

Subject: Re: [htdig] Multiple links to single document
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 18:44:23 PDT

At 12:25 PM +1000 9/19/00, David Grubb wrote:
>I'm thinking (from my limited experience with HTDIG) that this sort
>of thing is beyond the scope of what HTDIG is intended for.

This is correct. To be precise, the granularity of matches is a
document level. You will be brought to the closest anchor tag if
they're used, but you can't get multiple matches for one document.

If all you want is a contact database, I suggest whipping up
something in your scripting language of choice (e.g. Perl, PHP,
Python...). I suspect there are already some online contact managers
out there as well with nice search features. Check places like for listings.