[htdig] Multiple links to single document

Subject: [htdig] Multiple links to single document
From: David Grubb (dgrubb@dlwc.nsw.gov.au)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 19:25:11 PDT

Hi all,

I fairly green with HTDIG, only having just started using it in the last few days, and I have a query that someone may be able to assist with (please forgive my ignorance on the subject).

The situation:
Boss wants a PDF file of contact names and numbers indexed in a database seperate from the main intranet htdig db (which I have done)

Boss wants searches to return "multiple links" on the one document, ie if searching for Joe, the results page returns a link to the PDF for each instance of Joe in the document.

My question:
Is this possible at all, and if so any tips/suggestions/how-to's as to make it happen.

I'm thinking (from my limited experience with HTDIG) that this sort of thing is beyond the scope of what HTDIG is intended for.

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Dave