Re: [htdig] trailer dictionary?

Subject: Re: [htdig] trailer dictionary?
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 20:42:39 PDT

At 11:09 PM -0400 9/15/00, Dave Wreski wrote:
>Error (0): PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
>Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
>on a handful of the dozens of PDF files in the directory I'm trying to
>index. I'm using ghostscript-6.01 and have run pdf2ps on the individual
>files in the directory with no problem.
>I'm using the external_parsers paramter with the parse_doc shell script
>combined with xpdf. Should I try using acroread instead?

Obviously if you try using acroread and it works, then the xpdf
maintainer would love to hear from you and get a copy of your PDF
file to figure out what's wrong.

You say that pdf2ps works OK, but that's different code than xpdf.
Try using the xpdf program itself and/or acroread from the
command-line and see what happens.