[htdig] trailer dictionary?

Subject: [htdig] trailer dictionary?
From: Dave Wreski (dave@guardiandigital.com)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 20:09:46 PDT

Hi all. I'm trying to index PDF and postscript files, and keep receiving:

Error (0): PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
Error: Couldn't read xref table

or

Error (0): PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
Error: Top-level pages object is wrong type (null)
Error: Couldn't read page catalog

on a handful of the dozens of PDF files in the directory I'm trying to
index. I'm using ghostscript-6.01 and have run pdf2ps on the individual
files in the directory with no problem.

I'm using the external_parsers paramter with the parse_doc shell script
combined with xpdf. Should I try using acroread instead?

Thanks,
Dave Wreski