Re: [htdig] Re: Guess this is a FAQ

Subject: Re: [htdig] Re: Guess this is a FAQ
From: Peter Peltonen (peter.peltonen@fivetec.com)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 07:29:31 PDT

Clint Gilders wrote:

> > http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_autoindex.html
> >
> > (Compile in mod_autoindex, and set IndexOptions as you want.)
> >
> mod_autoindex is compiled into apache by default so unless whomever
> compiled apache specifically disabled it it is most likely there.
>
> > Could you send an example configuration of Apache that uses the
> > mod_autoindex?

> To utilize it all you need to do is point htdig (start_url:) at a
> directory that conatains none of the defualt index files (index.html,
> index.htm, index.whatever the sysadmin has added) and apache will spit
> out a listing of all the files in the directory. Htdig will then
> follow all those links to wherever you allow it with limit_urls_to:
> directive.

Ah, I've misunderstood Gilles a bit here...

I thought that with mod_autoindex you could somehow provide a directory
listing to htdig EVEN if you had index.html file in the directory.

So I guess I have to stick with the "home generated index file" of mine
:)

Sorry about all the stupid questions,
Peter