[htdig] Re: Guess this is a FAQ

Subject: [htdig] Re: Guess this is a FAQ
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 05:54:01 PDT

At 1:02 PM +0200 9/15/00, Reto Hersiczky wrote:
>Is there any way to tell ht://Dig to index a directory tree of files
>rather than using the crawler to just follow links?

Yes, this is a FAQ that hasn't made the list. Don't worry, after
about 3 questions like this in as many days, it's going up.

To answer your question, in version 3.1.x, there is not. In the
development code, I have added the feature to read a directory when
using the file:// "protocol."

Of course there are lots of ways, including whipping up a small
script to generate a list of URLs from the directory listing. Or, if
you use Apache, you can use mod_autoindex. (Most webservers offer
something similar.)

http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_autoindex.html

(Compile in mod_autoindex, and set IndexOptions as you want.)