[htdig] Indexing files added to a directory

Subject: [htdig] Indexing files added to a directory
From: Prasad Subramanian (PSubramanian@c-bridge.com)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 13:23:12 PDT

We're running htdig on a Linux box.

We are trying to index files in a particular directory. We would like to
know if it is necessary to have hyperlinks to these files in order for
rundig to index these files. That is, it seems like only those files are
indexed that have a hyperlink to it somewhere. Is this true?

This is a folder that will have files added to it and we want the search
engine to be able to index the added files too. We understand that if we add
a file to the folder and run rundig through a cron job, it will still not
find the new file if it does not have a hyperlink pointing to it. How do we
generate a hyperlink to the new file automatically?

Thanks.

Prasad