RE: [htdig] Need some help

Subject: RE: [htdig] Need some help
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 11:00:05 PDT

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Carlos Ramirez wrote:

> 2. run htdig (does the digging beginning at start_url:)
> 3. run htmerge (creates a database that is understandable by htsearch)

Or run the rundig script (or others) that do these things for you. This is
mentioned when you install the package.

> As for permissions...I haven't looked at the default, but usually new
> files are generally owned by whoever created them?

The default action of tar is to create files as the user unpacking the
archive unless that is root, in which case it will try to preserve UIDs
and permissions as possible. (This also depends slightly on the
permissions of the directory you are unpacking into.)