[htdig] "no server running" during indexing after arbitrary point

Subject: [htdig] "no server running" during indexing after arbitrary point
From: GregHolmes@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 08:56:28 PDT

Hello-

At a seemingly random point during indexing our intranet, I get an error "unable to build connection to server". After that, every single document gets a "no server running" error. This has happened since I started using htdig. Until yesterday I used no "server_wait_time".

With server_wait_time: 10 I finally got a whole indexing run without errors yesterday (I know, only one run of evidence). But when I started indexing today with server_wait_time: 5 I started getting them around the 600th document. I've had them as early as 300 and as late as 2000+.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice?