Re: [htdig] configure under BSD not finding fstream.h

Subject: Re: [htdig] configure under BSD not finding fstream.h
From: Jim Cole (
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 10:26:46 PDT

Brett Rabideau's bits of Wed, 13 Sep 2000 translated to:

>We're almost there - the difficulty now comes in with "make install", as it
>wants to make directories in areas that I do not have permission for. I
>have to make these directories under the appropriate virtual directory
>structure, not where they are trying to put them. Is there an easy way to
>change this, or do I have to manually change a bunch of lines in the make?

Hi - Try running ./configure --help You should see a number of options
that you can use to customize where different parts of the package will be
installed. For example...

I don't recall all of the options, but it is possible to run configure in
a manner that allows you to install everything into directories to which
you have read/write access.

List archives: <>
FAQ: <>