Re: [htdig] configure under BSD not finding fstream.h

Subject: Re: [htdig] configure under BSD not finding fstream.h
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 20:21:29 PDT

At 6:48 PM -0400 9/12/00, Brett Rabideau wrote:
>(1) Geoff, I found you instructions on using GCC make vs. BSD make
>(thank you).

We're hoping that the new automake-generated Makefiles for the 3.2
code will work fine with BSD make as well. Hopefully that will all go
away soon.

>(3)I'm now much farther along, but have run into a new compilation
>difficulty with a library on the server (?) which may mean that the
>wrong libraries are being included:

Sounds like it's having problem with the includes for zlib. You can
turn this off by adding --disable-zlib to the configure line. Of
course as a consequence you won't be able to use the
compression_level attribute to compress document excerpts.