Re: [htdig] configure under BSD not finding fstream.h

Subject: Re: [htdig] configure under BSD not finding fstream.h
From: Brett Rabideau (
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 15:26:09 PDT

Hi Geoff -

The difficulties are that this isn't *my* server (sigh!), and that this is
on one of the horrible virtual servers. Which means I don't have access to
installing libraries, etc., nor do I have any idea of what they installed
or when they installed it.

However, thanks to Gilles' excellent help, I was able to work through the
problem - adding the second include fixed the errors!

Many thanks, folks, for your excellent and expedient help!

Kind Regards,

--On Tuesday, September 12, 2000 6:21 PM -0400 Geoff Hutchison
<> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Brett Rabideau wrote:
>> Any more thoughts?
> Sure. What version of gcc/libstdc++ are you using? Were they installed
> together as with gcc-2.95.x or egcs-1.X? I often had the hardest time
> getting the compiler to find C++ libraries before they did this.
> --
> -Geoff Hutchison
> Williams Students Online

Brett Rabideau
 "She sells C-Shells and other Assorted Perls by the Seashore..."
 Periwinkle Communications LLC
 Performance-based Web Site Hosting, Programming & Design

List archives: <>
FAQ: <>