[htdig] a question

Subject: [htdig] a question
From: Pascal Grossť (grosse@math.u-strasbg.fr)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 09:00:49 PDT

hello list,

I have a metaphysical question concerning htdig :

I have some local repositories for documentations on my pc;
Mainly documentation for java, python, and other languages.
Naturally, i want to index all those doc trees with htdig.
But i would like to separate the search for each doc tree :
for example, if i want to know the syntax for the Canvas class
in java, i don't want htdig to show me any canvas widget in
Tkinter.

As for now, i resolved that problem by compiling separate search
engine for each doc tree. But that is not very elegant. I would
prefer to select some kind of category in the search page, for example
a combo box with (java python ...) as choices.

Does anybody know how to do that ?

Thanks,

Pascal Grosse