Re: [htdig] has anybody seen this before ?

Subject: Re: [htdig] has anybody seen this before ?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 07:22:57 PDT

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Tod Thomas wrote:

> No, I did compile it - v3.1.5 on AIX 4.3. However, I did compile it
> originally on a separate box and then port the compiled binaries to
> other machines - same o/s but different hardware. Maybe the different
> hardware architecture is the culprit?

Moving across the same version of an OS should be OK, but what do you mean
by "different hardware architecture?" Do you mean you went from a 32-bit
machine to a 64-bit machine or something similar? (I don't know what would
be 32-bit for AIX, but I know most of the Power chips are 64-bit.)

> I've checked for all of this and everything is fine. I just threw this
> in on the off chance this was somehow related to the errors I was
> seeing.

No, but if you are having problems with this too, we can troubleshoot
that, but let's take one problem per thread. :-)