[htdig] Can't search for numbers, or words beginning with a dollar sign

Subject: [htdig] Can't search for numbers, or words beginning with a dollar sign
From: Daniel Buchmann (db@bibsys.no)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 06:32:43 PDT

Hi.
I've just installed ht://Dig version 3.1.5 running on RedHat Linux 6.2.
I've got it working with norwegian locale and a norwegian ispell dictionary, but
sometimes I want to search for numbers, which gives me no results. Is numbers a
bad_word by default, so you can't search for them?
I also sometimes want to search for words beginning with the dollar sign ($),
but the search script/engine seems to strip the dollar sign away. Is it possible
to avoid this?
(Couldn't search for numbers or words with $ even if it was configured with the
default english locale/dictionary.)

I didn't compile ht://Dig from the source, installed it from an rpm
(htdig-3.1.5-0glibc21.i386.rpm).

--
Daniel B.
Network administrator, BIBSYS, Norway.