Re: [htdig] has anybody seen this before ?

Subject: Re: [htdig] has anybody seen this before ?
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 14:28:40 PDT

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Tod Thomas wrote:

> I'm getting this very infrequently but the message is curious. Do I
> have a problem with my db?

I'm going to take a guess that you didn't compile ht://Dig yourself. What
version and OS are you using? Where did you get the binary package?

The message is coming from the endings algorithm of htfuzzy. For some
reason, you're using a version of the Berkeley DB with a different file
size than what ht://Dig expects. (Thus I'm assuming you're using a binary
package, or they'd be compiled to the same file size.)

It shouldn't be a big deal, though it's probably slowing things down a
bit.

> with the -a flag. Once both stages are complete I just mv the .work
> files over the existing db files. Is this the wrong thing to do? Is

This is fine.

> Could this be a reason some users are complaining
> that content they know exists doesn't show up in the search? Any ideas

This would most likely be a completely separate issue. Are you sure you
have HTML links to all files? Are you sure the files are linked on a path
from your start_url? For example, it's easy enough for me to make a
personal home page, but if you can't get from www.bar.edu to
~foo, it will never be found.