RE: [htdig] Another indexing & external_parsers issue

Subject: RE: [htdig] Another indexing & external_parsers issue
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 07:28:56 PDT

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Martin Mielke wrote:

> Under dir4 there are M$ Word and Excel documents.
> Under dir3 there are pure HTML and PDF files ...

And if you take a look at dir4 and dir3 in the browser, do you see links
to these files?

> it's not possible to find anything but the directory names...

Fine, but remember you can also look at the output of a run with debugging
turned on to see reasons for rejecting links. Of course it's faster to see
if there are links in the first place, which I'm suggesting above.