Re: [htdig] Indexing

Subject: Re: [htdig] Indexing
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 07:15:28 PDT

At 10:32 PM +0200 9/5/00, Huba Zsolt wrote:
>I would like to use htdig provided SuSE distribution. I've read the
>documentation, but I can't solve my problem. I would like to index the
>root directory of my webserver and its subdirectories. I can index only
>my root directory. What should I write into its config file?

You probably don't have links from your root directory to the
subdirectories then. Like a web user, ht://Dig follows links (all
links, of course). So if there aren't links from the top-level page
to the subdirectories, it won't know they're there.

You can either write an explicit index.html with the appropriate
links, or use the automatic directory listing features of most
webservers.