Re: [htdig] Indexing

Subject: Re: [htdig] Indexing
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 07:15:28 PDT

At 10:32 PM +0200 9/5/00, Huba Zsolt wrote:
>I would like to use htdig provided SuSE distribution. I've read the
>documentation, but I can't solve my problem. I would like to index the
>root directory of my webserver and its subdirectories. I can index only
>my root directory. What should I write into its config file?

You probably don't have links from your root directory to the
subdirectories then. Like a web user, ht://Dig follows links (all
links, of course). So if there aren't links from the top-level page
to the subdirectories, it won't know they're there.

You can either write an explicit index.html with the appropriate
links, or use the automatic directory listing features of most