Re: [htdig] display search results in multiple frames ?

Subject: Re: [htdig] display search results in multiple frames ?
From: Torsten Neuer (
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 13:01:10 PDT

Gilles Detillieux wrote:
> There might be a very kludgy way around this, by writing a wrapper
> script that splits up the htsearch output into several documents, storing
> them in temporary files accessible by the server, and then returning a
> frameset to the client that refers to these temporary frame content files.
> It sounds like this could be a logistical nightmare, though. I wouldn't
> recommend it.

You can do it without a wrapper and it will be even more ugly ;-)
Since you need one document for each frame, have the controlling (index)
document call 2 htsearch processes with identical parameters but
configuration files, i.e. have the templates different for both search

I still wonder what the purpose of splitting up such documents could be

E-Mail:            Internet: