Re: [htdig] htdig 3.1.5 indexing

Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig 3.1.5 indexing
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 10:54:10 PDT

According to Geoff Hutchison:
> At 6:40 AM +0000 9/6/00, wrote:
> > >That would be a good idea--I wonder if there's a difference between the
> > >libdb that the code expects and the version on SuSE 6.4. The source
> > >version includes the db code to link statically.
> >
> >Is there a more recent (stable) source >3.1.5? if i have to compile anyway,
> >maybe i try a newer version then? I'm specially interested (like everyone,
> >propably :-) in wirldcardsearch / partial match.
> No, version 3.1.5 is probably the end of the line for 3.1.x. We'd
> like to invest as much effort into 3.2.x since some of the approaches
> in 3.1.x result in bugs that cannot be fixed easily. But you have
> partial matching with the prefix and substring algorithms already:
> <>

The only way to get something more recent than the current stable
release, other than the 3.2 betas, is to apply some of the bug fix
patches available at

None of these bug fixes were critical enough to warrant a re-release,
but if you run into specific problems, some of them may be fixed in
those patches.

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: