Re: [htdig] prefix_match_character (*) used

Subject: Re: [htdig] prefix_match_character (*) used
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 10:48:59 PDT

According to Huby, Patrick:
> Thanks Gilles,
>
> > According to Huby, Patrick:
> > > When the prefix_match_character (* by default) is used for searching, the
> > > corresponding matched words returned are not highlighted in the search
> > > results page. Would it be possible to get this feature ? (complete matched
> > > words highlighted)
> > > We are using HTDIG 3.1.5.
> >
> > It should be doing this by default. What is your search_algorithms
> > attribute set to? Do you get a heading like the following at the
> > start of your search results, showing the expanded list of fuzzy
> > matches? E.g.:
> >
> > Search results for '(exer* or exercice or exercise or exercised or exert
> > or exerted or exerting or exerts)'
>
> Presently we just receive 'Search results for exer*'
>
> ... and we have the following attribute in HTDIG.CONF:
>
> search_algorithm: exact:1 endings:0.1 prefix:0.1
>
> Patrick

Well, I'm drawing a blank. Anyone else have any ideas as to what could
cause this problem?

I'm assuming that the words are in your documents and in your database,
and that the search does match the correct documents. The only problem
is the words are not highlighted. Is that correct? What about if you
make use of the endings algorithm. Do you see the expanded search string
and highlighted words then, even for matches that are not the exact word
you entered? Does your search_results_header file (i.e. header.html by
default) use LOGICAL_WORDS in the heading, or was it customized to use
WORDS instead?

I also have to ask the standard question: which platform are you running
this on, and did you compile from source or use a pre-compiled binary?